Happy Valentines Day from MOPS! Our Prayer Coordinator, Paula, says if God has one phrase for us for this holiday it would be BE MINE! With great love, Paula has put together this awesome gift for you: a month’s worth of prayers for mothers of preschoolers.
Just print the one-page 31 Days of Prayer for Mothers of Preschoolers list, place it where you’ll see it every day (like in the kitchen, at your desk, or on your bathroom mirror), and take it one day at a time. Each day, you’ll find a new scripture-based prayer to pray for yourself in this special season of motherhood.
Click to view and print 31 Days of Prayer for Mothers of Preschoolers.
Let us filter everything through the lens of LOVE! (1 Corinthians 13:1-13)
Here’s another satisfying snack idea from our MOPPETS Coordinator Jessica: Turkey & Cheese.
It doesn’t get any easier than this. Just roll two slices of your child’s favorite lunch meat and a slice of cheese. Then, cut each slice in half for a kid-sized snack.
Remember, all MOPPETS snacks should be nut-free. Don’t forget to label your containers!
What’s your kiddo’s favorite snack for MOPPETS?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to these moms celebrating birthdays this month:
- Mentor Mom Dot S.
- Lauren G.
- Paula W.
To celebrate, each of these moms will get a FREE Chicken Sandwich from Chick-Fil-A of Edinburgh Commons! Also, KIDS EAT FREE every Tuesday night this month for “Kids Night.” Visit this location between 6:00-7:30 PM for crafts, play time, and a free kids meal with each adult combo purchased.
Thanks to the Official Sponsor of our MOPS Birthday Announcements:
Chick-Fil-A of Edinburgh Commons
205 Carmichael Way, Chesapeake, VA 23322
(757) 421-3586(757) 421-3586
Please Like them on Facebook.
Get a month’s worth of activities from MOPS.org on the February activity calendar.
And, of course, save the dates for our MOPS meetings on February 12 and 26! The details are on the Events tab of our private Facebook group.
Click to view this month’s activity calendar from MOPS.org.
For the first time in a long time (maybe ever?), our MOPS meeting was called for a Snow Day! We asked our MOPS moms how they’re spending this snow day with their preschoolers and we’re sharing their answers here – including a Snow Cream recipe!
So, how are our MOPS moms spending the Snow Day with their preschoolers?
By finding fun indoors:
- “I love to cook, work puzzles, and play board games.” – Fran
- “We will go out to play, eat some cookies, color and play, and maybe pull out the couch bed and watch some movies.” – Colleen
- “Make comfort foods, watch movies and popcorn…do little craft activities.” – Connie
By getting cozy:
- “We will happily sit on the couch and stare at the beauty from under the cozy blankets!” – Kristen
- “Stay in our pajamas all day!!!” – Sara M.
- “My favorite way to spend a snow day is in my comfy clothes.” – Kristina
By getting out in the snow:
- “Get on our snow gear and play outside in the snow with the neighborhood kids!!!” – Yvonne
- “Well, I’d like to curl up with a book by the fire…but alas, my toddler doesn’t really let me do that! The next best thing is to send the eldest outside and take the toddler out there too. He really does LOVE it!!” – Lara S.
- “Pull out all my snow gear and teach my kids how to play in the snow (since they are Southerners)! Seriously praying for good packing snow this time (tho I can make do with the powdery stuff we normally get)!!!” – Elena
With comfort food and Snow Cream:
- “If it’s a snow day, we hope to enjoy playing in the snow, drinking hot cocoa & eating treats when we come in to warm up, making snow cream with snow we collected (snow, milk, vanilla & sugar) & watching movies.” – Paula
- “Snow angels and snow cream.” – Jessica J.
- “We made chocolate chip cookies and bread to help keep us warm.” – Jessica J.
Enjoy your Snow Day, moms! Keep those babies warm.
Not sure whether the weather will affect MOPS? For us, if school is delayed or cancelled due to weather, our MOPS meetings or events are cancelled. If you’re not sure, just check with your discussion group leader or visit our private Facebook group for updates.
Moms, what are your favorite ways to spend snow days with preschoolers?
The all new MOPS magazine, “Hello, Darling” is hitting mailboxes this month. Did you get your copy yet? MOPS International has taken the best of what moms loved about MomSense magazine, poured in a boost of creative energy, and created a new magazine for the unique women and moms who are MOPS.
So, if you’re a registered member, check your mailbox and take a look. Also, more great content is available and free to everyone at the MOPS “Hello, Darling” blog!