We’re strolling through our MOPS Christmas Past! Here’s an activity we’ve done for a few years and are continuing this year – a Secret Santa Gift Exchange for our Steering Committee.
For our Secret Santa Gift Exchange, the participants fill out a form, like this one, at our November Steering meeting and exchange gifts at our Steering meeting in December. Our spending limit is $20. This is a special tradition just for the moms on our Steering team, although we have a separate ornament exchange for everyone at our MOPS Christmas party.
Here’s how to start this tradition with your group:
- Download our MOPS Secret Santa Form here. This version prints two forms to a page. You can print it on regular copy paper, on cardstock, or even on colored paper. It looks great in color or in grayscale.
- Fill in the Date, Place, and Spending Limit lines with the details for your event. You can do it electronically before printing, or just write the details in on one page and make copies.
- Distribute a form to everyone who wants to participate. Have them fill in their Name and complete the My Favorites section. Then, collect all the forms.
- Have each participant draw a form from a bag. If they draw their own, they can just return it to the bag and draw another. Then, everyone should have someone to buy for, have idea of what to buy, and know when and where to bring it.
- At the designated place and time, exchange the gifts and reveal the Secret Santas. (We do this by discreetly placing our gifts on a table, having someone pass them out, and then reveal the Santa after the gift is opened).
Our gift to you: our Secret Santa form. Click the form to download and use it for your own Secret Santa Gift Exchange.
Make sense? Give it a try! It’s a great way for the moms to get to know each other better and to bond as a team and as friends.
Our MOPS group is managed by a group of moms who share their time and talents to make it all happen. They are our Steering Committee, led by our MOPS Coordinator, Tiffany H.
In August, the new 2013-2014 team met at Bethel for the annual MOPS Steering Retreat. We spent Friday night and all day Saturday getting to know each other, praying together, and planning for the new year. We also made a craft (our personalized MOPS mugs), played a game, and got familiar with this year’s theme: “A Beautiful Mess – Embrace Your Story.”
1. Our MOPS theme: “A Beautiful Mess – Embrace Your Story.”
2. Tiffany demonstrating the wheel technique for storytelling.
3. Steering team members crafting our personalized MOPS mugs.
4. Top secret plans for the new year of MOPS.
The MOPS Steering Committee for 2013-2014 is:
- MOPS Coordinator – Tiffany H.
- MOPS Assistant Coordinators – Elena E., Christin W.
- MOMSNext Coordinators – Kristina S., Yvonne S.
- Discussion Group Leaders – Lara S. (Coordinator), Elena E., Sara M., Laura R., Kristina S., Yvonne S.,and Kelly T.
- Creative Activities – Christin W.
- Finance – Sara E.
- Fundraising – Andriea W.
- Hospitality – Carynn P.
- MOPPETS – Jessica J.
- Publicity – Colleen H.
- Prayer – Paula W.
- Mentor Moms – Melene S., Dot S., Donna W.
You can see the responsibilities for each Steering Committee position here.
“God sure knew what He was doing when He brought this group of women together. Each woman has a different talent and perspective, but the same common goal to glorify God by serving the moms in our group.” – Tiffany H., our MOPS Coordinator
Oh, and one more thing – words of wisdom from a candy wrapper at the retreat. It fits our Beautiful Mess theme so well, don’t you think?
Take a look at the personalized MOPS mugs we made at the Steering Committee Retreat, with help from our Creative Activities leader, Christin W.
Didn’t they turn out great?
To make these, we started with a plain white mug for each mom. Next, we used special paint markers to write a mom’s name at the top of each mug. Then, we took turns passing each mug around and writing traits we like about the mom whose name is on it. Christin told us to bake the mugs at home to make the paint stay (here’s a similar craft with detailed instructions.)
Just what every mom needs – a cup of encouragement to start her day.