Christin has brought this Pumpkin Trifle to MOPS events like our Thanksgiving Pot Luck and Christmas Party. She was kind enough to share the recipe!
- 2 cans pumpkin
- 2 packages vanilla instant pudding
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- 3 cups milk
- spice cake mix
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 8-10 ginger snap cookies, crumbled
- 9 whole ginger snap cookies for additional garnish, if desired
- Mix one can of pumpkin with the spice cake mix and bake in a greased 9×12 metal pan for approximately 23 minutes.
- Combine the pudding mix with the milk, the other can of pumpkin, and the pumpkin pie spice.
- When the cake is cool, crumble it into small pieces.
- In a trifle bowl or other similar container, layer the ingredients, as follows: 1/2 of the cake, followed by 1/2 of the pudding mixture, followed by 1/2 of the Cool Whip. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the ginger snap crumbles. Repeat one more time with remaining ingredients.
- Garnish with the whole ginger snap cookies, if desired. Serve, or chill and serve when desired.
Here’s a tip: Christin says it’s even more delicious if you let it chill overnight.
Let us know if you try this recipe. Enjoy!