Our MOPS moms might remember this frothy ice cream and coffee punch that Stefanie G. brought to a recent meeting. She was nice enough to share the recipe. Enjoy!
“Yes, you don’t even want to think about how many calories you are consuming in one cup, and yes, you could make it low-fat. However…..it just won’t be as good, so make it as a treat every once in a while.” Stefanie G.
Cappuccino Ice Cream Punch
Makes about 6 quarts (30-35 servings).
Tip: Allow at least 4 hours for the mixture to chill in the refrigerator and another 1/2 hour for the ice cream to melt before serving.
- 1 1/2 quarts of water
- 1/2 cup instant chocolate drink mix (I used Nestle Quik)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup instant coffee granules
- 1/3 cup ground espresso
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 gallon French vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 gallon Chocolate ice cream
- Chocolate curls as a garnish (optional)
- In a large sauce pan, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate drink mix, sugar, coffee, and espresso; stir until dissolved.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- About a 1/2 hour before serving, pour mixture into a punch bowl. Add milk and whipping cream.
- Add ice cream by the scoop-fulls and stir until partially melted.
- Garnish with chocolate curls (if desired).