MOPPETS is the wonderful childcare program our children attend while we’re in MOPS meetings. You can relax knowing the little ones are comfortable and having fun. Here are a few things you should know to get your MOPS mornings off to a great start for everyone:
1. When to drop off and pick up.
MOPPETS drop-off begins at 9:15 AM. We ask that you pick your child up by 11:45 AM or by noon for people with cleanup duty (our discussion groups take turns tidying up the meeting room after our meetings).
2. What to bring.
Pack a bag for each of your children. Gallon-size freezer bags work great for this, because it’s easy for our MOPPETS workers to see the contents. Keep it simple and label everything. Pack the following items:
- A snack (no nuts) and drink.
- A change of clothes.
- Baby wipes and diapers/Pull-ups for the morning.
- Bottles and pacifiers, if applicable.
3. Our MOPPETS Sick Policy.
Children are not accepted into MOPPETS when any of the following conditions exist:
- Sore throat
- Cloudy or green runny noses, persistent cough
- Common cold from onset through one week
- Vomiting or diarrhea within the past 24 hours, even associated with teething or medication
- Any symptoms associated with childhood diseases, or any infectious or contagious disease (such as Scarlet Fever, German measles, mumps, chicken pox, cough, strep throat, flu, thrush, etc.)
- Fifth disease
- Any unexplained rash
- Pinkeye or other eye infections. Eye infections may be contagious. The child must be on medication for 24 hours before entering a MOPPETS classroom.
- Any communicable disease
And a Bonus: Keep trying!
If your child is anxious about going to MOPPETS, keep trying. If there’s ever a problem, like if your child is crying and can’t be consoled, a MOPPETS worker will come and get you. Over time, your child will become familiar with the routine, the other children, and our loving, dedicated MOPPETS workers. You’ll both see that MOPS mornings are fun for everyone.